Sunday, May 18, 2008

Texas Trip

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
So a couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to go to Texas to visit my brother. Specifically the Dallas area. While I was there, I had the chance to go hiking in Dinosaur Valley State Park. This was an amazing place that reminded me a lot of Arizona! It was the first time I had been hiking since the accident back in '06. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to make it and that the pain from hiking would be terrible. But I felt GREAT! I didn't have any pain at all, and I have realized that it's OK to get back to hiking and doing the things I enjoy. God has truly blessed me in so many ways and I am thankful that I got to experience the beauty of his creation, if only for a little while. It was great to see Jonathan of course, and I enjoyed the couple of days I was there. The picture above is me climbing a rock. This was truly a great day for me.



No comments: